Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Art Journal Challenge #2

This week, I want you to look at the world in a different way- literally. Find an old cereal box or another piece of recycled cardboard and cut a small rectangle. Now cut a smaller square or rectangle from the center. Hey, you could even punch a circle, triangle, or any other shape that appeals to you. Here are three that I made:


There are a couple of ways to use your viewfinders. You can hold them up to something in the distance to "frame" a portion of it:


Or you can set it on top or against something to create a "close-up":


Now draw what you see! 

Optional journaling: How did this make you see things differently? Did you notice details you missed before? Did colors look different? Textures? Did it make you draw differently? Don't forget to share your work with me in class! If you bring your work in, I will post it on the blog! You can always email me a picture of it, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment